Turkey National Seminar was realized on the 2th of June at the Marmara University Pendik Research and Training Hospital Conference Hall in Istanbul.
The seminar lasted three hours and the topics included:
- Presentation of the project history related to previous project; IENE3
- Presentation of the IENE4 project activities and outputs
- European model culturally competent and compassionate leadership;
- Role modelling of leader in promoting cultural competence and compassionate care,
- Presentation of the platform and a workshop on how to use the platform
- Discussion to exchange ideas on ways to use the project results
In the seminar, the new and innovative European model for learning culturally competent compassion, developed, piloted and evaluated in ERASMUS + Strategic Partnerships Project, 2014-1-UK01-KA202-001659 "IENE 4 - Strengthening the capacity of nurses and health care leaders to provide culturally competent and compassionate care" was elaborated. 47 leader nurses and the health care leaders from different 18 hospitals around Istanbul attended to seminar.
National Seminar aimed to present the project activities and outputs and attract potential users for the exploitation of the project results, to share resources and contribute to the sustainability of the project results and to create a network at the national level and an opportunity to initiate interestedstakeholders to use the created www.ieneproject.eu platform.
The participants joint to case studies by role playing, they discussed and analysed cases.
In the discussion session of the seminar, the participants have presented examples of their stories in their field and have participated to the group discussions and exchange of ideas.
Turkey National Seminar was very attractive for the target groups, with positive feedback from participants, a network was created for the sustainability of project, exploitation of project results.